- Who we are
- The personal data we collect about you, the purpose and legal basis for the processing
- Mandatory or optional nature of the provision of personal data
- How we process your personal data
- Categories of recipients of the personal data
- Data retention.
- Your legal rights.
Welcome to the website I Am Here International at the URL: https://iamhereinternational.com (hereinafter referred to as the “Website”).
2. Who we are
I am here International is a non-profit association with legal office in Billdal, Sweden
If you have any questions about this privacy notice, including any requests to exercise your legal rights, please contact us using the details set out below.
Our full details are:
Full name of legal entity: I Am Here International
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Legal office and postal address:
I Am Here International
427 37 Billdal
You have the right to make a complaint at any time to the Supervisory Authority. We would, however, appreciate the chance to deal with your concerns before you approach the Authority so please contact us in the first instance.
3. The personal data we collect about you, the purpose and legal basis for the processing
Personal data, or personal information, means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (‘data subject’); an identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person. It does not include data where the identity has been removed (anonymous data). We will only use your personal data when the law allows us to and we will never divulge your data to third parties. Most commonly, we will use your personal data in the following circumstances:
• Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests.
• Where we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation.
Generally, we do not need to rely on consent as a legal basis for processing your personal data.
In particular, we may process very few kinds of personal data about you which we have grouped together as follows:
Such data are automatically collected while you interact with the Website.
Purposes: we collect this data for the purpose of allowing the site to work, to obtain anonymous statistical information about the use of the site to check the correct operation. The data could be used to establish liability in the event of hypothetical cybercrime against the Website. Save this, technical data implied with the interactions with the Website is not retained for more than seven days.
Legal Basis: the processing of such technical data is based on our legitimate interest in ensuring the proper and secure operation of the Website so as to allow the user himself to navigate safely the Website.
- Identity Data includes first name, maiden name, last name, username or similar identifiers. Such data are only collected if spontaneously communicated by you i.e. by clicking on the contact form present in the section “Contact us via e-mail” and sending us an e-mail;
- Contact Data includes email address and telephone numbers. Such data are only collected if spontaneously communicated by you i.e. by clicking on the contact form present in the section “Contact us via e-mail” sending us an e-mail;
Purposes: we process this personal data to comply with and perform your requests;
Legal basis: the processing is based on the legitimate interest in responding to any user requests.
We do not collect any Special Categories of Personal Data about you (this includes details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health and genetic and biometric data). Nor do we collect any information about criminal convictions and offences.
4. Mandatory or optional nature of the provision of personal data
Failure to provide optional personal data will not cause you any obligation or disadvantage.
5. How we process your personal data
The processing of your personal data takes place mainly by way of electronic means with the utmost security: we have put in place appropriate physical organizational measures to ensure the protection of the confidentiality and integrity of your data as well as to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal data to those individuals and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
6. Categories of recipients of the personal data
I am Here International may communicate personal data collected about the users of the Website only within the limits allowed by the Regulation and in accordance with the following. In particular, your personal data may be known by:
- employees or collaborators who will operate as persons instructed and authorised for the internal organisation of the association’s activities, consultants, accountants or other professionals who will operate as data processor or controllers, as the case may be;
- third parties supplying, as data processors, technical and IT services related to the activities of the Website and of the association;
Your personal data may also be communicated to any public authority, in accordance with the law and upon formal request, or if there are reasonable grounds to believe that the disclosure of such data is reasonably necessary to (1) investigate, prevent or take action in relation to a suspected illegal activity or assist the public authorities; (2) defend against any complaint or accusation by third parties, or protect the security of our Website and association; or (3) to exercise or protect the rights, ownership or security of I am Here International and its international network, its members, its employees or any other entity.
7. Data retention
How long will you use my personal data for?
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
At the end of that retention period, your data will either be deleted completely or anonymized.
8. Your legal rights
Under the General Data Protection Regulation, you have several rights in relation to your personal data. If you wish to exercise any of the rights set out below, please contact us at email@example.com for the relevant data request form.
- Request access to your personal data (commonly known as a “data subject access request”). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal data we hold about you if any and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
- Request rectification of the personal data that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete, inaccurate data we hold about you corrected, though we may need to verify the accuracy of the new data you provide to us.
- Request erasure of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal data where they are no longer necessary in relation to the purposes for which they were collected. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal data where you have successfully exercised your right to object to processing (see below), where we may have processed your information unlawfully or where we are required to erase your personal data to comply with local law. Note, however, that we may not always be able to comply with your request of erasure for specific legal reasons which will be notified to you, if applicable, at the time of your request.
- Object to processing of your personal data where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground as you feel it impacts on your fundamental rights and freedoms. In some cases, we may demonstrate that we have compelling legitimate grounds to process your information which override your rights and freedoms. You have the right to object to the processing of your personal data through automated decisions, including profiling. But we do not carry out any automated decision-making on the basis of your personal data, so in our case, you do not have reason to do it!
- Request restriction of processing of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of your personal data in the following scenarios: (a) if you want us to establish the data’s accuracy; (b) where our use of the data is unlawful but you do not want us to erase it; (c) where you need us to hold the data even if we no longer require it as you need it to establish, exercise or defend legal claims; or (d) you have objected to our use of your data but we need to verify whether we have overriding legitimate grounds to use it.
- Request the transfer of your personal data to you or to a third party (“Data Portability”). The Controller will provide to you, or a third party you have chosen, your personal data in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable format. Note that this right only applies to automated information which you initially provided consent for the Controller to use or where the latter used the information to perform a contract with you.
- Withdraw consent at any time where the Controller is relying on consent to process your personal data. However, this will not affect the lawfulness of any processing carried out before you withdraw your consent.
Finally, you can always pledge a complaint with a Supervisory Authority. However, before you do that, please contact us! We will be happy to settle any issues related to the processing of your personal data.
What we may need from you
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your personal data (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up our response.
Time limit to respond
We try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month. Occasionally it may take us longer than a month if your request is particularly complex or you have made a number of requests. In this case, we will notify you and keep you updated.
This cookie statement applies to citizens of the European Economic Area.
1.1. What are cookies?
A cookie is a small simple file that is sent along with pages of this website and stored by your browser on the hard drive of your computer or another device. The information stored therein may be returned to our servers or to the servers of the relevant third parties during a subsequent visit.
1.2. What are scripts?
A script is a piece of program code that is used to make our website function properly and interactively. This code is executed on our server or on your device.
2.1.Technical or functional cookies
Some cookies ensure that certain parts of the website work properly and that your user preferences remain known. By placing functional cookies, we make it easier for you to visit our website. This way, you do not need to repeatedly enter the same information when visiting our website and, for example, the items remain in your shopping cart until you have paid. We may place these cookies without your consent.
2.2. Analytical cookies
Because statistics are being tracked anonymously, no permission is asked to place analytical cookies.
2.3 Advertising cookies
We do not use any advertising cookies on this website.
2.4 Social media buttons
On our website we have included buttons for Facebook to promote webpages (e.g. “like”, “pin”) or share (e.g. “tweet”) on social networks like Facebook. These buttons work using pieces of code coming from Facebook themselves. This code places cookies. These social media buttons also can store and process certain information, so a personalized advertisement can be shown to you.
Please read the privacy statement of these social networks (which can change regularly) to read what they do with your (personal) data which they process using these cookies. The data that is retrieved is anonymized as much as possible. Facebook is located in the United States.
3. Your rights with respect to personal data
3.1. Enabling/disabling and deleting cookies
You can use your internet browser to automatically or manually delete cookies. You can also specify that certain cookies may not be placed. Another option is to change the settings of your internet browser so that you receive a message each time a cookie is placed. For more information about these options, please refer to the instructions in the Help section of your browser.
Please note that our website may not work properly if all cookies are disabled. If you do delete the cookies in your browser, they will be placed again after your consent when you visit our websites again.
4. Contact details
I Am Here International
427 37 Billdal
Last amended on 24th July, 2020